Report alleged copyright infringement: File Search
- Technology BookMeth means automated indexing of files over the Internet. If you use BookMeth to find your own file / content on file and assume that it is available in an abusive manner and constitutes a violation of your copyright, please take the following steps. Notice that BookMeth does not host any of the content that can be viewed using the search results page of BookMeth.BookMeth offers access only to websites of third parties and public file servers. You must be mindful, as a copyright owner, that deleting links to your work from BookMeth may not result in the original source of the file being deleted from a third-party server. Content owners are also responsible for contacting the file hosting websites on their own to order the termination of their digital content possession.
- It is our policy to respond to suspected violation notices that conform with the intellectual property laws in effect. Our reaction may involve deleting or disabling links to content that is alleged to be the target of infringing conduct and/or terminating subscribers. If, in response to such a warning, we revoke or disable entry, we can inform the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that a counter notification can be made.
- Infringement Notification
To file a notice of infringement with us, you may use the information provided below.
IMPORTANT: Misrepresentations made in your notice regarding whether material or activity is infringing may expose you to liability for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees). Courts have found that you must consider copyright defenses, limitations or exceptions before sending a notice. In one case involving online content, a company paid more than $100,000 in costs and attorneys fees after targeting content protected by the U.S. fair use doctrine. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
- However, we still can remove links of files from our site if the copyright owner would like us to do so. The following procedure will be performed if:
- In order to permit us to verify that your work actually appears at the URLs targeted by your notice, please provide us with information that identifies in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon.
- The Claim must be written in English language, it must be understandable and in polite form.
- An electronic or physical signature of copyright owner or an authorized person which can act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- A description of copyrighted file that has been infringed in your opinion. In case if there are multiple files, you should provide a detailed list of the files. Note that you are obliged to pay for all possible damages connected with material misrepresentation will in case the file does not infringe your copyrights.
- The complete URL to each file(s) that you claim is infringing. BookMeth requires a sufficient information to establish the location of the potentially infringing files on the website and to delete them from the BookMeth's search results.
- Your email, telephone number, and your address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the specific file is not authorized by the law, the copyright owner, or its agent.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information listed above in your notice is true and that you are the owner of the copyright or authorized person which can act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Send your Claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that we may ask for additional information if your notice isn't properly filled out or if the complaint is incomplete.
- We may not necessarily reply back via Email even if we have removed the copyright infringement alleged book link, it is your duty to keep checking on the file links and send us requests via Email again if you still find your copyrighted book link.